A- A A+



Wiener Lokalbahnen GmbH operates the Badner Bahn, several bus lines in Baden and Vienna and runs passenger trains on external infrastructure throughout Austria. For over 130 years, Austria's most widely used regional railroad has connected the city centers of Vienna and Baden. The 27-kilometer-long Badner Bahn line is one of the most important commuter connections in the southern part of Vienna. Furthermore, Wiener Lokalbahnen operates the popular Badner Citybus on behalf of the municipality of Baden and several lines in Vienna on behalf of Wiener Linien. For tour operators, associations and foreign railroad companies, Wiener Lokalbahnen runs special trains in Austria and organizes trips in neighboring countries. Furthermore, the subsidiary WLC operates as an international rail transport company and organizes transports across Europe in both block train and conventional traffic, with 75 % being mainly in combined freight traffic and the remaining 25 % in wagonload traffic. As a second subsidiary, Wiener Lokalbahnen Verkehrsdienste (WLV) has been operating since 1999, founding and launching the field of educational trips for people in schooling and additionally transports people with limited mobility to their destinations in minibuses suitable for wheelchairs. In addition, the Competence Center for City Logistics was founded in 2022 at Wiener Lokalbahnen, which bundles all projects and activities in the area of City Logistics within the Wiener Stadtwerke Group, represents the Group externally and serves as a contact point for the City of Vienna for exchange and cooperation in this topic.

Road: Purkytgasse 1 B
Postcode / town: 1230 Wien